Out of Stock
It complies with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (the ‘e-Privacy Directive), which require that certain information must be given to website visitors.
1. General information
When you visit the Richard A Underwood Website, we collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). Such information is treated as strictly confidential, and is held on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
To read more on how your personal information is going to be handled, please refer to our Website Terms and Conditions of Use Policy.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking and finance (including PayPal) and distribution firms handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. These firms have strict obligations to keep your personal information private.
Richard A Underwood may also use banner advertising on other site to present you with products and services we think may be of interest to you, based on your web browsing history.
2. Richard A Underwood Cookies
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on www.richardaunderwood.com, your computer, tablet or mobile phone needs to accept Cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of our Website by using Cookies.
Cookies are small text files containing information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit certain web pages. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
“Session cookies” keep track of you while you navigate our website, and will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
“Persistent cookies” enable our website to recognise you when you visit, and they remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our Website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of our website.
Our advertisers/ payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Cookies do not store sensitive information (for example: your name, address or payment details); they simply hold the ‘key’ which, once you have logged in to a Website, is associated with this information. However, if you prefer to restrict, block or delete Cookies from www.richardaunderwood.com, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this.
Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s manual) to learn how to change your Cookie preferences. Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
3. Third Party Cookies
If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent Cookies from these websites. As Richard A Underwood does not control these Cookies, we recommend you check the third-party websites for more information about their Cookies and how to manage them.
4. www.richardaunderwood.com ‘share’ tools
If you ‘share’ www.richardaunderwood.com content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter – you may be sent Cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of these Cookies, so you will need to check their websites for more information about their Cookies and how to manage them.
5. Managing Cookies
If cookies are not enabled on your computer, your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you will not be able to add products and/or services to your basket and buy them.
To enable cookies
To find out the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet: For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
How to check whether cookies are enabled on your computer or device:
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button
3. Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ , then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, and then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
3. Click ‘Save’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
1. Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
2. Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
3. Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Safari on OSX
1. Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
3. Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
1. Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
3. Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
1. Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
2. Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
3. Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
All other browsers
Please consult the relevant Manual, documents or Online Resources.
6. Banner advertising on other websites
Banner advertising on other websites is designed to provide you with a selection of products and services based on what you have viewed on www.richardaunderwood.com which are presented to you by our agents when you visit other selected websites.
The banner advertising may highlight alternative products or services from our range which are relevant to your browsing history. The technology behind this is based on Cookies.
We wish to reassure you that the data contained in the Cookie used in these banner adverts is completely anonymous and does not contain any of your personal information (obviously, we cannot be responsible for the content of websites other than our own).
Disabling these adverts
We would like to continue to display content that is relevant to you; however, you can choose to opt out of this type of advertising permanently by sending an email to email@example.com
Please note however, that if you delete your Cookies, we will no longer know that you have opted out, so the banners from our agent will reappear when you visit other selected websites.
To learn more about the Cookies on your device set by other companies, and opt out of them if you wish, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to:
Fran De Gioia, Director, Website Designers Nottingham, http://www.websitedesignersnottingham.co.uk, Mobile: 07966 157 535, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org